The Day My Dream Came True

By Fr. Casmir Odundo



I was then but a young colt,  

A modest donkey, harbouring a million dreams untold,

Nestled in the village, humble origins my hold,  

I gazed at stallions, warriors bold, in admiration bold.


They, akin to me, yet in beauty they surpass,  

Graceful in battle's dance, while I, in shadow cast.  

My dreams, to my parents, I did eagerly amass,  

"Cease such thoughts," they chided, "for we bear the burden's mast.


Donkeys we are, destined to toil, not to bask in glory's light,  

Our lot is of the earth, not the splendour of the knight."  

Resigned, I embraced fate, though my heart yearned for flight,  

But youth held a spark, a flicker in the night.


Then, a Sunday came that would my destiny recast,  

Two men, Apostles named, in our village amassed.  

They untied me, despite protest, their intentions vast,  

"The Master needs him," they declared, and my heart raced fast.


To Jerusalem, they led, the city of kings,  

A young village colt amidst the city's springs.  

Voices raised, "Hosanna!" the air with praises rings,  

And then, Him, I saw, before His sufferings.


He approached, our eyes met, and upon me, He took place,  

With gentleness, I carried Him, a colt, in grace.  

The crowd's garments paved our path, a vivid, flowing lace,  

In that moment, my dreams, in reality, did interlace.


I, once deemed for naught but burden's weight,  

Carried Him, the One, through Jerusalem's gate.  

Transformed, elevated, by His sweet dictate,  

From unremarkable to bearer of the Great.


And when our journey ended, back to the village I was led,  

Yet, forever in my heart, His presence has not fled.  

He chose me, a simple colt, and by faith, I was fed,  

In His grace, my dreams fulfilled, and by His love, forever wed.


Email: casmirthomas28@gmail.com


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WITH FRANCIS OUR POPE AND CLEOPHAS OUR BISHOP

THE OFFERTORY PROCESSION

"I WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU AT THE GATE" FR. MICHAEL MUTUKU